Dental implants are an excellent option if you have missing teeth or need to have teeth removed. Why has this procedure become so popular? James Island dentist Dale Probst DMD has five reasons why people choose dental implants:
- The process has a high success rate – Dental implants have been proven to work. In fact, this option has one of the more impressive track records as compared to other dental replacement options. However, it’s always best to consult a dentist before making your final decision.
- It helps improve bone and facial features – These implants help patients maintain their facial features while reducing bone deterioration. In addition, implants can help patients regain the integrity of their jawbone structure since the burden is taken off your remaining teeth.
- Implants make eating and speaking easier – Eating and speaking can be hard when you’re missing teeth. However, with implants, you can go back to enjoying these everyday tasks – and enjoying your life.
- They provide an easy fit with an easy, natural look – Dental implants fit comfortably inside your mouth since they’re designed to look and function just like your natural teeth. Plus, they’re made to feel like your natural teeth. These are some of the main reasons why implants are a true win-win for many dental patients.
- They are sturdy and long-lasting – With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last for a considerable amount of time. Of course, you still need to practice good oral hygiene for the health of your mouth and gum.
Are you wondering if dental implants are a good option to you? A James Island and Charleston dentist can tell you if you’re a candidate. Schedule an appointment with Dale Probst, DMD. We’ll perform an examination and let you know if this type of cosmetic dentistry is right for you.