Choosing a dentist shouldn’t be a process you take lightly. In fact, you should give just as much time and thought into selecting your dentist as you do any other healthcare provider. Here are five steps to help you find the right James Island dentist for you and your family.
- Determine your needs. What type of dental care are you looking for? Do you want to take your children to the same dentist you visit? If so, you’ll want to make sure you find a family dentist. The same goes for cosmetic dentistry and other specializations.
- Location matters. A dentist who’s far away from your home or office won’t be convenient. Choosing a James Island dentist works well for many of our patients because it’s a short drive from just about anywhere in the Charleston, SC area. The office of Dale Probst, DMD is especially convenient because we’re located near the end of the James Island Connector.
- Consider the cost. Although dental insurance is not quite as complicated as medical insurance, you still need to verify that the dentist you’re considering will accept it. The office staff should be able to give you an idea of how much certain procedures would cost under your coverage.
- Are they available for emergencies? Toothaches have a habit of happening at the most inconvenient times. Think about how you’ll receive care if a dentist isn’t willing to come to his or her office after hours to treat you.
- What’s your comfort level? Above all else, you should feel comfortable talking to your dentist about any questions or concerns you have. The dentist you choose should make you feel like you’re being heard. If you’re not comfortable with them, they may not be the right dentist for you.